It is time for NEW RECIPE FRIDAY!
This recipe is brought to you by my husband, meaning he is the one who chose for me to make this and we are stuffing some actual bell peppers today. Also, we a pretty Mexican in this house so we are having a stuffed bell peppers with taco meat, pico de Gallo topped off with cheese.
I can literally eat anything Mexican at any time of the week and taco Tuesday is something we almost do every single week. But, you know me I am going to jump right into this recipe so we don’t waste any time on getting hungrier.
This recipe is based on feeding 4 grown adults, two of those being grown men who always go back for seconds and if your 5 year old is anything like mine, I always put a side a portion of the taco meat because I know he probably won’t want to eat out of the bell pepper.
Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 9 bell peppers (all different colors are fine)
- 2 lbs of ground beef
- Half an onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 packages of white minute rice (brown rice is good too)
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 1 container of pico de Gallo (10 ounces)
- 1 large can of dark red kidney beans, drained (27 ounces)
- 2 cups of shredded Mexican blend cheese
Optional toppings: guacamole & sour cream or something of your choosing
Other filling options: rotel, corn, black beans, jar of salsa or something of your choosing
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cut the tops off of the bell peppers and spoon out the insides & place in a casserole dish (mine is 4 qt.)
- Place bell peppers in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Cook rice to package instructions and set aside.
- While bell peppers are cooking, heat a large pan over medium heat.
- Add in extra virgin olive oil to large pan, sauté chopped up onions. Once onions are transparent add in ground beef and cook all the way through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and add your package of taco seasoning. Mix well
- Next, add pico de gallo, dark red kidney beans, cooked rice and one cup of cheese. Mix well and cook until cheese is melted. Remove mixture from heat.
- Fill cooked bell peppers with ground beef mixture, fill to the top. Top with the rest of your Mexican blend cheese.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes at 350°F or until cheese is melted.
Enjoy & share if you made & how you put your own spin to it!