Who doesn’t love a good Chick-Fil-A meal?! I know it is my sons go to, so why not be able to make some of it at home! Plus, it is super simple! I used this more as a side dish but it did feed 4 adults and a 5 year old with some left over.
Chick-Fil-A Mac & Cheese Recipe
- 1 box of elbow pasta (16 oz)
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 1/2 cups of whole milk
- 1 3/4 cups of sharp cheddar cheese (I shredded it myself but you can buy it already shredded)
- 3/4 cup of shredded parmesan
- 1 cup of shredded Romano cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste & extra cheddar cheese to top the dish. (1 teaspoon of salt will be added to pasta water)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cook pasta to box instructions. Add in salt right as the water starts to boil and before you add in the pasta. Save 1/2 cup of pasta water in case the sauce is too thick.
- Heat a large sauce pan over medium heat and melt butter
- Whisk in the flour and mix continuously over low heat for 4-5 minutes
- Pour in heavy whipping cream and whole milk slowly. Stir the whole time over low heat until it thickens.
- Add in the different cheeses and mix until they are melted and the sauce is creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If needed, add in reserved pasta water to make sauce less thick.
- Add in the cooked elbow pasta
- Add mixture to a casserole dish (mine was a 4 qt dish)
- Put more sharp cheddar cheese on top
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes
- Once the five minutes are up, cook on low broil for two minutes
- Remove from oven and mix the mac and cheese so the crispy cheese can be incorporated throughout the dish.
Serve & Enjoy! Tell me how you changed it up to make it your own!