Sometimes dinner is a throw it together moment ad pray that it tastes good and that is pretty much what this recipe represents!
Some of these ingredients I was unsure on if they would taste good together but I just need you to trust me because I promise you they do! This recipe fed 4 grown adults and a 5 year old with some leftover.
Cheesy Pasta Bake Goulash Recipe
- 2 pounds of carne picada
- 1/2 an onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 box of penne pasta (or pasta of your choosing)
- 1 can of tomato sauce (15 ounces)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 cups shredded cheese: Mexican blend and mozzarella (1 cup each or to your liking)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add meat and chopped onions. Season the meat to your likings.
- While the meat and onions are cooking. Cook the pasta to box instructions. Keep al dente since they will cook the rest of the way in the oven.
- Once the meat is browned and the onions are translucent add in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar and herbs (dried oregano, dried basil & dried parsley). Mix well.
- Add the Mexican blend cheese and mix until cheese is melted.
- Stir in the cooked pasta until fully combined.
- Transfer pasta mixture to a casserole dish (I used a 4 qt dish & spray with oil to help with sticking)
- Put mozzarella cheese on top of pasta mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes after it is done in the oven.
Enjoy & tell me how you switch it up to make it your own!