I have been trying to conquer rice dishes friends. Does anyone ever feel like their rice still comes out extra crunchy in some dishes?
I can make Spanish rice with no issues of crunchiness but when I attempt other dishes I have issues but I was surprised at how well this one turned out! Be better than me and get all your rice to be soft and fluffy!
One pot dishes are a new fave so there is less dishes for us to do during clean up! P.S. these pictures are not doing this dish justice!
Creamy Chicken & Rice Parmesan: One Pot Dish Recipe
- 2 pounds of chicken breasts, diced
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups of chicken bone broth
- 2 cups of long grain white rice
- 3/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan (3/4 cup for dish & 1/4 cup for garnish)
- Parsley for garnish
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning & paprika. Coat thoroughly and set aside on a plate.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat & melt butter. Add in diced onions and cook till translucent.
- Add chicken to the pan, season more to taste. Cook until chicken is golden on all sides, stirring regularly.
- Once chicken is cooked all the way: Add garlic to the skillet, cook for one more minute, then stir in chicken bone broth and rice. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover with lid and simmer until rice is cooked and completely tender. (Add extra water if needed to finish cooking rice.)
- Stir in heavy cream and 3/4 parmesan. Add more seasoning to get desired taste.
- Garnish with parsley and left over parmesan. Serve immediately.
Enjoy & let me know how you change it up to make it your own!