You can have regular meatballs with beef or you can have chicken parmesan meatballs, the choice is yours.
I am so skeptical when it comes to baking chicken when I cannot fully see the inside. I always triple check the meat since we don’t want anyone getting sick.
Note: I fed 5 people with this recipe.
Chicken Parm Meatballs w/ Pasta
- 1 box of fettuccine pasta (or pasta of your choosing)
- 2 pounds of ground chicken
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese
- 1 big jar of marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, add ground chicken, 2 eggs, breadcrumbs, water, 1/2 cup of parmesan, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, salt and pepper. Mix until fully combined.
- In a baking dish, pour in the jar of pasta sauce. Form your meatballs and place them in the pasta sauce baking dish. Make as many as you want. I was able to make 20+ meatballs. Bake for 30-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through.
- While meatballs are baking, cook pasta to box instructions.
- Once the chicken is done baking, remove from oven. Cover the top with the mozzarella cheese and the rest of your parmesan. Place back in the oven and broil for 4 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and browned some.
- Serve on top of pasta and enjoy!
Enjoy dinner & let me know if you change it up to make it your own!