Less clean up afterwards and some good food. Isn’t that always a good goal to have? Who wants to sit behind the sink all night cleaning all kinds of dishes that you just dirtied? I definitely don’t.
Reminder: I cook for about 5 people. It depends on if the 5 year old wants to eat it. But you know if the 5 year old eats it then you know it is good!
Homemade Hamburger Helper
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 (16 oz) box of pasta shells
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 2 cups of low sodium beef broth
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons of seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 3/4 cups of heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a large pan over medium to high heat, add in ground beef and cook until it is fully browned. Season to your liking. Remove and set aside for later.
- In the same pan, add the chopped onion until the onions are transparent. Add in the minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add/mix in the flour and cook for about a minute. Slowly add in the beef broth while stirring consistently. Wait for the mixture to come to a boil.
- Pour in the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, seasoned salt, paprika, garlic powder and pasta. Mix until full combined. Cover with a lid and let cook until the pasta is done. Add extra water or beef broth if needed. Stir occasionally.
- Add in the heavy cream and cheese. Stir until the cheese is completely melted. Add the ground beef back in and stir. Cook for another 3 minutes and serve immediately.
Enjoy & tell me how you mix it up to make it your own!