Y’all, when I say this recipe was everything I thought it would be, I really mean it! I love cajun things, give me a little spice and I am obsessed.
For this we even make our own little version of cajun seasoning! Such a good date night dish or even a try something new for dinner day!
I fed 5 people with this with only a little bit left over. We did go back for seconds! (lol)
Cajun Chicken & Rice Recipe
- Cooking spray (olive oil – low calorie)
- 4 chicken breasts
For Cajun Seasoning:
- 4 teaspoons of smoked paprika (or just regular paprika)
- 4 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of oregano
- 2 teaspoons of thyme
- 2 teaspoons of onion powder
- 2 teaspoons of cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons of ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoons of red pepper flakes
For the rice:
- 3 packs of white minute rice
- 3 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 package of cherry tomatoes, sliced in Half
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Spray chicken with cooking spray.
- Mix all the ingredients to make cajun seasoning and put half of it on the chicken breast, coat thoroughly.
- Cook rice according to rice instructions.
- Heat a large skillet over medium to high heat. Place chicken in pan and cook chicken all the way through. Then set aside chicken for later.
- In the same large skillet, add in tomatoes and the onion and let cook for about two minutes or until the onions are transparent and the tomatoes start to release their juices.
- Then, add in the minced garlic and spinach and cook until spinach is wilted.
- Add in the cooked rice, turmeric, smoked paprika and the rest of your cajun seasoning. Mix until everything is combined.
- Slice up your chicken and serve it on top of your rice!
Enjoy & tell me how you mixed it up to make it your own!